Friday, November 4, 2011

Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumbs

THE CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE!
Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese & Bread Crumbs
Recipe from cookbookshelf.wordpress.com

I love potaters. Yes, that’s right I said potaters. I am so excited, and when I am excited, I start speaking with a drawl! There is something so wonderful about them, you can make a bazillion recipes with a potater or just eating them baked is simply wonderful with all of the fixin’s. But today, I am not baking potaters, I am mashing them, because today is THE CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE. The challenge for this month is to come up with a mashed potato recipe that has been previously blogged about. So, I looked around and found this delicious recipe from cookbookshelf.wordpress.com. My family loved it! These potaters or potatoes, I am calming down now, are mmm mmm good. My family actually requested them- get this- instead of Thanksgiving mashed potatoes- I know, I couldn’t believe the die hard fans of mashed potatoes have succumbed to these- happy day! Why? You can make this up to 6 hours ahead of time, up to when you would like bake it. Cover and chill.

Here’s what you will need: potatoes, milk, butter, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.


Scrub potatoes.


Peel potatoes.




Cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces.


Butter baking dish.


Boil salted water.


Measure out ingredients for butter, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, milk and bread crumbs.


Drain cooked potatoes.


Mash potatoes.


Add butter and milk, mix.


Add cheeses. Mix.


Place mixture in baking dish.


Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs to make a nice topping.




Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes uncovered.


Comfort food perfection.


Ingredients:


2 pounds russet potatoes- cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup milk, room temperature
1/4 cup(½ stick) butter, melted and 1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon plain bread crumbs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 13 x 9 inch baking dish with butter.
Cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes in a large pot with  boiling water with salt. Drain potatoes, return to pot. Mash potatoes. Mix in milk and melted butter. Mix in mozzarella and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Stir bread crumbs and remainder of Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Serves 8. If you agree that these might possibly be THE ULTIMATE MASHED POTATOES, be sure to vote below by clicking "like" under the picture.  Also be sure to check out the other bloggers who are participating in the challenge...don't forget to stop in and say HI!! ;) 

This post has been linked up to these wonderful blogs!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lori Riddle said...

This sound supper yummy. I have a very similar recipe but I add roasted garlic and fresh rosemary. I think I'll make these this weekend with Porcheeta. Thanks for the inspiration!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Lori,

I am going to try your recipe, that sounds wonderful too! What is porcheeta? Is it like prosciutto? Let me know how it comes out. You are inspiring me!

Nettie

Teri said...

Parmesan and mozzarella ~what a great combo!

Jennifer said...

I love parmesan cheese!! It's one of my favourites!

Jen #14
Jenny's Cookbook

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Thank you @Teri @the freshman cook it really is a great combo, I don't think I can go back to plain mashed potatoes after trying these.

Nettie

Moore or Less Cooking said...

@jennifer @jenny's cookbook, I love Parmesan cheese and most any other cheese, I think I am part mouse!

Nettie